Papa don't preach...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 02:43:52 +0100 (BST)

Peter Metcalfe said, many moons ago (Vol VI catchup mode!):

> A father's authority does not have the same force in Orlanthi
> society as it does in, say, Japanese or Roman society. Garundyer
> could have quite happily disobeyed pop in these circumstances
> with little or no shame.

Still can't find the b*starding thing, but just to (largely redundantly) amplify on the above, this is implicitly (perhaps explicitly, in the 'long form') one of the morals of the passage in KoS exemplifying the custom of 'obey chosen leaders'. (Had I my copy to hand, I'd cite you page numbers, the name of the geezer in the story, etc: but I'm sure you all know (or can find) the one.)

Cheers,
Alex.