Great Sister, Malreported.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:12:40 +0100 (BST)

In a tiny clash of the Lunar Titans, Nick replies to Martin:

> > However, there is no reason to suppose that blood is a definitive road
> > to rule or Shah legitamacy.

> I had assumed that the title "Shah" had some degree of odium attached to it
> in the early Empire after the overthrow of Carmanian rule, and would fall
> into disuse for that reason.

I have to concur with Nick here; whether or not the Emperor is _technically_ the Shah, or whether he can summon those magics if he wishes, is of lesser importance than that if you address, or refer to him thusly, you'll get your bottom on a rather large spike. And then the magistrate responsible will be severely reprimanded as being excessively lenient.

But if it suited any given Mask's purposes to go into Shah-mode...

> > Orlanth's forthcoming demise.
> The Crimson Sages *specifically* required that this wording be changed to
> read:

> > ... after Orlanth is bound.

'Changed'? I fear you've malreported your correction of the malreported quotation, Citizen! Clearly your first post was a crude, White Moonie inspired sabotage of the Original One True Correct document! (I need to go and lie down on the cool, dark side of the moon for a while, now.)

> I shall report immediately to the Xaronea, for appropriate Penance.

In the case of the depraved Tales clique, I'm less than convinced this is an effective deterent of any sort. Further innuendo omitted due to this being a Family Digest.

Slan,
Alex.