Re: Newcomer to Prax

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 1999 18:27:57 +0100 (BST)

Jane Williams replies to Parties Unknown:
> > Do the Bison tribe only herd bison or do they have primarily bison,
> > but some cattle also?

> Just Bison. And, I would imagine, other Praxian beasts they've raided
> from other tribes, but not cattle.

To more-or-less concur with assorted other posters, I think there's something of an a la carte lunch menu for captured herd beasts; the most common criteria would be, what animals are least suited to the prevailing terrain, season, weather conditions, etc; and secondly, which of our enemies do wish to rejoice most in our victories over? On both of these, hamburger is likely to first on the list rather a lot...

> (Ducks as flames break out)

How did we get from Bison to Ducks? ;-)

> > Prax for example, if all those beasts are living there it ought to be
> > pretty fertile, but it's described as being pretty barren.
>
> It's pretty barren. Those beasts only make it because of Waha's magic.

Or depending how one looks at it, the herds _are_ Waha magic.

> Then again, it depends on what you mean by "barren". The rainfall
> figures sound pretty bad to me, but people who live in masochistic
> places tend to pipe up at this point and say what a nice place Prax is
> compared to their homes. Why don't they move, that's what I want to
> know?

A superfluity of said masochism, obviously!

Cheers,
Alex.

End of The Glorantha Digest V7 #23