Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #42

From: Chris Bell <argrath_at_xsite.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:02:50 -0500

> Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 00:44:06 +1200
> From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
> Subject: Pol Joni
>
> The worship style of the Pol Joni is "Rune Gods" P&BR p60 thus
> I think it very unlikely they would still be using Praxian or
> even modified Grazer rites.
>
> - --Peter Metcalfe

Cults of Prax also mentions that the the Pol Joni gave proper sacrifice at the Paps, and were accepted by the Prax Gods as the 'bastard' tribe of Prax. While they worship Rune Gods like Orlanth, I'd suspect that they also Praxian rites in a syncretistic Lightbranger-Praxian style of worship. At least as far as their cattle are concerned, the Pol Joni seem to practice Praxian magic. I'd suspect that you'd find both Orlanth Wind Lords and Waha Khans in the tribe.

Seek not in darkness, for fear of corruption. Seek not in daylight, for fear of discovery. Ascension walks the middle path of Shade.

Chris Bell -- argrath_at_xsite.net
http://www.xsite.net/~argrath/intense.htm