Re: Dwarf and Elf disease

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 03:59:44 EDT

Dwarf and Elf disease:

Although Dwarves do not, officially, have diseases I believe they suffer from malfunctions, fatigue failure, corrosion, faulty programming, and other 'broken' conditions. They probably need servicing, like a car. Well serviced (orthodox) Mostali do not suffer from 'diseases' but those who do not follow the Way of Mostal end up with dodgy second hand parts. This is what ends up killing heretics. The worst thing that can affect a dwarf though is Growth. It's so horrible that I don't want to think about it.

Elves clearly suffer from diseases like trees do. Other stuff growing on them, insects eating them, bits snapping off etc. An old elf would be gnarled and covered in the scars of life. Perhaps really old elves get rotton in the middle and end up hollowed out. There's a horrible idea.

Keith N