RPGA - Not quite as off topic as you think?

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 19:54:40 +0100

Eric suggested

>until the RPGA starts running Hero Wars or Gloranthan games this is not
>relevant to this list.

which is sort-of true, but bear in mind that this was RPGA-UK, which (a) organises Gencon-UK, the largest UK convention[1] - and there was certainly some Hero Wars being run there, as other threads demonstrate and (b) wasn't as fanatically TSR/WoTC as we are lead to believe the American organisation is. I was pleasantly suprised to see support for other companies games in the issue of Polyhedron they were giving away at the Dudley Bug Ball[2]

That said this isn't the right place to debate this issue[3] - Quite a lot has been said, by people with many different points of view on uk.games.roleplay if anyone is interested....

[1] I've never actually been myself, so I can't comment on the quality

[2] A one day convention run by one of the companies who produce C&S[4], but none-the-less supported by the RPGA-UK

[3] or the Hasboro take-over of WotC

[4] I think technically it's run by the Dudley & Black Country RPG Society (or something similar) and pre-dates Britannia games, but in practice they are the same people
- --

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |