Re: Irrippi Ontor

From: Neil Smith <neil.smith_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 10:18:55 +0000

Nick Brook writes many good things about Irrippi Ontor, including:

> [Irrippi Ontor's] focus is very much on teaching, and they support
> and uphold the Lunar ideology in a manner that appears
> reprehensible to "neutral" Sages.

The most obvious manifestation of this is the weekly public lectures given by the temples. They're held every Wildday, and intended for the astute layman. Topics range widely, and cover whatever the local sages are interested in as well as new thoughts from across the Empire. The sheer fact that Irrippi Ontor sages are _giving_away_ knoweldge really ticks off Lhankor Mhy sages, regardless of the ideological spin it's given.

In Pavis, these lectures are very popular with the more experienced Rubble runners. Most of them are a waste of time, but occasionally a lecture will contain some very useful information or speculation about the Rubble.

Neil.

(BTW, which is the normal "day of rest" for various cultures? I presume Full Moon Day for the Lunars, and Windsday for the Orlanthi, these being the days when most folk go to church.)