EWF

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 16:54:35 EDT

<< Were the EWF really trying to create another Dragon Empire like
>Kralorela, and got sidetracked?

 Peter Metcalfe:

<< Their stated aim, as described in the Glorantha Book, was to  summon the Grand Dragon and bring back the Golden Age. The  Oslir river was to be its spine, the Rockwood mountains its  wings and the volcanoes of Caladraland to be its fiery breath.

 So, no, they weren't trying to create another Dragon Empire.  They were trying to bring back the Golden Age and got  sidetracked into creating a Dragon Empire. >>

I have to agree with Peter. The Empire of Wyrms Friends seems to be either a by product of draconism, or a means to an end rather than the result of Imperial ambitions. I do not think there are any named Emperors, (the only individual being the Dragon Emperor of Dara Happa), and I get the impression that it was some sort of hierarchy where the nearer you got to Cosmic Dragon-ness the less you really cared about worldly stuff.

Keith N