Re: Gloranthan names

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 20:51:17 GMT

Peter Metcalfe on 'Sagittus', 'Imperator' etc:

> They are all Gloranthan names. Those names spelt out in English, eg
> Only Old One, White Sea, etc. are translations. Admittedly some cases
> - Wilm's Kirk - are decidedly ambiguous...

'Kirk' was an English word last time I checked -- though my biases should be evident. But I'd say the ambiguity extended to any Gloranthan name with some meaning in any RW language (or at least, where it's intentional). Short of going there with a tape recorder, it's pretty much impossible to resolve.

Cheers,
Alex.