Re: 3 eyes; King o' Dragon Pass; Issaries HQ

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 12:06:59 -0800

Peter Metcalfe wrote

> The Third Eye Blues are not broken Mostali but remnants of the
> Blue People that tried to seize surface Glorantha in the Flood.

However, they aren't blue-skinned. Tattoos usually look bluish, hence the name.

> The only other dude with the third eye is Deshkorgos who can sear
> people with bolts with it. He however is a darkness deity.

Zorak Zoran has a third eye.

Gazza asked

> I note that Big Rubble is available from Wizard's Attic.
> Is this worth getting?

Yes!

> when are most Gloranthan games set? I've got King of
> Sartar, as I mentioned; is the game supposed to be set during
> Fazzur's overlordship, or actually after Argrath becomes King?

I've run a game at the end of the Imperial Age, and am now running one in the early Imperial Age. I play in a Dawn Age game. I've run pre-Darkness scenarios.

The standard RuneQuest campaign is set during Fazzur and before Argrath, 1621 or so.

As for game systems, whatever you like. RuneQuest gives you a Gloranthan magic system, as does PenDragon Pass <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/pdp.html>. But there's a Star Wars rules conversion out there, and if you're willing to work on magic, you could use just about anything.

Dom Twist asked

> Anyone reselling KoDp in the UK/Europe yet?

Unfortunately, we had a manufacturing delay, and haven't shipped to any UK distributors yet. (We hope to get our next batch of CDs in on the 15th.) I'm afraid we have to ask for your patience. (If I'd known we'd be delayed like this, I would have held our announcement.)

Robin Mitra asked

> I am looking for an Issaries HeroQuest (not the LBQ). Has anybody some
> material or ideas?

While alas, you can't get it right away (see above), King of Dragon Pass includes a complete heroquest: "Issaries the Conciliator." He has to get the Big Teeth and Long Noses (smilodons and mastodons) to make peace.

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_a-sharp.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.