New Campaign

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 06:48:04 EST

In a message dated 11/6/99 7:45:58PM, you write:

<< Secondly, I note that Big Rubble is available from Wizard's Attic.
 Is this worth getting?>>

I think it's worth getting, depends where and when you plan to run a campaign

 <<Thirdly, when are most Gloranthan games set? I've got King of  Sartar, as I mentioned; is the game supposed to be set during  Fazzur's overlordship, or actually after Argrath becomes King?  (Surely not; the supplements I have show the Lunar Empire as  much more powerful than that would suggest).>>

Most games are set around the 1620s. The 'Glorantha: Genertela Crucible' box states that it is detailing stuff as it is in 1621. Most RQ2 products timelines stop at 1613, or at least before 1620. Dragon Pass (the boardgame) is set sometime after 1621. Nomad Gods (the boardgame) isn't very specific as to when it is set, I guess the nomads don't really know the date, but some of the details suggest that it is also after 1621.

Games have been run in different eras, King of Dragon Pass (the computer game) deals with an earlier time, for example.

<< Fourthly, what rules are recommended? Normal RQIII, RQII,
 PenDragon Pass, or some other variant?>>

I would recommend Hero Wars, but as it hasn't been released and I haven't actually seen it I won't recommend it. I think your prefered gaming style should determine the rules used rather than the game world.

Keith N