Humakt

From: David Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 15:23:27 +0800

>David Cake:
>
>>Speaking of which, did we ever work out what the Carmanians call
>>Humakt?
>
>Humakt AFAIK. Around the Sunstop, a Fronelan Hero, who was called
>Humakt by his followers, invaded Brithos. His worship had been
>introduced into the Fronelan wilds along with other theyalan gods
>in the century or so before this.

        Humakt is Fronelan? Well, at least he's not from Saird, but it certainly wasn't what I was expecting.

        And I always figured the worship of Humakt to have come to Dragon Pass/Kethaela originally via Ralios, so its unusual for the name not to have experienced linguistic drift in all that at least once. Still, its very convenient for us players.

        And what happened to all that Humath stuff, and Humakt originally being a Ralian air god before Arkat redefined him as part of the struggle against Lokamayadon? Mr Dunham, do you have anything to add?

> So the appearance of Humakt
>in the Carmanian Pantheon isn't unusual.

        I always figured Syranthir Forefront had some acquaintance with Humakt worship.

	Cheers
		Dave