Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #153

From: Simon Bray <simonbray_at_cwcom.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 08:42:38 -0000

Hi All,

 RE ORLANTHI WOMEN.  Thanks to James for his comments about Martin and my Greydog Women article. I would just like to point out that 'Staying at home' doesn't have to be at all boring. In David Dunham's great King of Dragon Pass computer game you spend 75% of your time at home, the action comes to you. You don't have to go to Snakepipe Hollow to meet with chaos, it will come to you during the Summoning of Evil or when a rape occurs in the village, or when your son blasphemes etc. You can have traders coming to the village from all over the world if you would, raiders attacking clan lands, strange discoveries in the fields, marriages, rites and rituals of fertility, heroquests, scandal, gossip, theft, drunken Uroxi in the mead hall and loads more. Glorantha has a habit of bringing the adventure to you it would seem, so even if you are a women churning the butter in the pantry then all manner of fun can come you way (or whey). In fact I sometimes think it must be more boring going off adventuring, a quieter life in fact (ha ha!) I must admit that life in Dragon Pass is going to be a lot more hectic and magical than life in a Lunar tenement, but don't quote me on that.

Cheers Simon