Pavis and Draconic Magic

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:34:32 -0000

Joerg:
>> I tend to regard Pavis as a student of strange and powerful magics >> abundant in the EWF, but not necessarily tied to draconic methods.

Keith:
> Well, I can see your point, but I think it is stated somewhere that he
> studied Dragon Magics. I don't suppose that proves much either way.

Pavis's single greatest feat of magic was the founding of his city on the Plaines of Prax. And he did this by dismembering the Faceless Stone Statue, in a ritual act which exactly parallels the Draconic Creation Myth. (cf. P&BR p.56 for the history; the myth is on my website at http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/Moonie/triumph.htm).

I agree there's more to Pavis than Dragon magics. But I am sure you'll find Dragon magics at the heart of his cult, alongside the weird dwarf and elf shit.

:::: Email: <mailto:Nick_Brooke_at_btinternet.com> Nick