Humakti etc

From: Jon Thorvaldson <yinkin_at_telia.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:22:22 +0100

DomT wrote:

>But then Humakti are allmost as wierd as Christian Monks!

I'd say that they are weirder... A Humakti devotes himself to the god of death and endings: is this the choice for a happy and palanced person? Though he can also be the god of professional soldiers I think that this version of his cult is like 'lay membership'- as a sword (or initiate) of Humakt you have taken the full step, from then on you strive to become a living incarnation of Death. I dont think it is surprising if they lose (some of) their fertility...

As to Vingans losing their fertility: Why? I can think of no mythic reason and I've never heard or read anything to that effect. OA-devotees does not get less fertile, do they?

Jon Thorvaldson

"Until you stalk and overrun,
you can't devour anyone"

        -Tiger aphorism, by Hobbes