Re: Source for some myths?

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 12:45:34 -0800

Gazza asked

> if anyone had any idea where I might find
> some myths about the following deities:
> - - Humakt
> - - Daka Fal/Ancestor Worship
> - - Issaries
> - - Waha
> - - Storm Bull
>
> There's some high-level myths for Humakt, Issaries, and Storm Bull,
> but I'm more after something a little less important. This isn't
> just for heroquests, but also to give my players a little background.
>
> Of course, two possible answers here are:
> - - Wait for Hero Wars
> - - Make them up

You forget the third answer: King of Dragon Pass. The computer game has full heroquestable myths for Humakt and Issaries, and a couple of myths where Storm Bull has a part. (Plus others not on your list, such as Ernalda and Uralda.)

Generally, Wyrms Footprints is one of the best sources for myths. And the Prax issue of Book of Drastic Resolutions is an obvious source for Praxian myths (as are the two Prax issues of Tales of the Reaching Moon).