Uleria's Hideouts

From: Kmnellist_at_AOL.COM
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 14:25:53 EST

In a message dated 11/29/99 5:29:03PM, you write:

<< Absolutely. In particular, there are a number of Hidden Places  sacred to Uleria that serve as sanctuaries for lovers - an excellent  heroquest idea, I say.

    Cheers

        David >>

Is this the reference from the Entekosiad (p79, the Seventeen Hideouts of Uleria), which names Emfenden Island? The Entekosiad is quite a good source of Uleria myths.

On the Communication skill, I agree that it comes across as not ideally suited to her 'Fertility/Life but not neccesarily Harmony' persona. However, in play, I have found that it is used in ways that do not benefit the community as a whole. (If you look at the Communication skill list they are mostly to do with swindling or seducing people to a particular point of view; fast talk, bargain, orate, courtesan. So although they could be used for Harmony purposes it is equally possible to use the magic against the best interests of a community (for example: to help young lovers elope, to seduce the clan chief, to make the community baker sell his bread at a low price, to persuade the Greeks to launch a thousand ships to rescue some woman from the Trojans...oops sorry, wrong universe)

Keith N