Re: A Load of Balls

From: Drew Craft <drewcraft_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 12:54:34 PST

>From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com

>This discussion makes me think of worrying similarities with the Thanatar
>cult.

Your subject line made me think of the Praxian Ball of Tails and I see these members playing a similar (though culturally approved) role. This might be yet another inducement for eunuchhood. As opposed to the brief and essentially meaningless existence of most members of the male sex, eunuchs' contributions assist the queen even after the eunuch himself dies. Because older queens have received more such gifts than younger ones, this is another source of their power. Proper succession between queens, like "proper" Thanatari succession, probably includes a collection of clay jars along with many other riches. Drew, temporarily de-lurking