Re: West King Wind

From: Weihe, David <Weihe_at_danet.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 19:18:33 -0500

> So I assume from the "deafening silence" that nobody has any feedback to
> offer on my write-up of West King Wind's origin myth?

Well, since no one else has said anything, I will say that I think that it is too
close to orthodox Orlanthi myth. IMG, at least, shamanistic worship of major
spirits (like the "gods") is very here-and-now oriented. Their myths would be
how the West King Wind helped our Grandfathers when those who prayed to Yu-Kargzant {went away}[were all killed] in the Nights Of Horror, and would go back no farther. Certainly little about the Godtime. More about the (few, compared with Orlanth) spells that the spirit grants, and the taboos
that it demands (no tribal Yu-Kargzant worship since before the last Sacred Time, perhaps?) before it will grant its aid.

And yes, this sounds like the standard RQ2 writeup, but since shamans shift their primary spirits as they need, this is appropriate. J. Random Shaman looks at gods as just bigger than usual spirits, after all.