Re: Vinga; slaves

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 16:05:55 -0800

Jane Williams

> I believe there are myths where Vinga proves herself to be Orlanth's
> daughter, though I've never written one myself.

<http://www.pensee.com/dunham/ralios/vinga.html>

Since Greg said at a lore auction (in Australia as I recall) that Vinga is the daughter of Orlanth and Ernalda, my myth says so too.

Joerg Baumgartner wrote:

> Neither could I find any evidence that the God Learners transported
> slaves from Ralios. Involuntary settlers, yes. If they had wanted slaves
> in Umathela, they could have aquired them in Fonrit.

Actually, they could have taken them in Umathela, too. The inlands were populated by barbarians originally transported by the Waertagi (many if not all of these barbarians became the unwitting subjects of God Learner experiments).

It's unclear to me whether or not the Malkioni customarily have slaves. I didn't have a good answer when someone asked me during my Jrusteli game. I suspect there's no huge philosophical opposition, but by the same token, it's not something Malkion did, so it's not a major part of the culture. I'm sure it can happen (just as many Orlanthi clans have thralls).