GW hardbacks

From: Dom Twist <thazar_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 21:19:52 -0000

I find the GW hardbacks very usefull......I own Avalong Hill Boxed sets, the bound deluxe book and the GW stuff.

I tend to take the bound book (of which I have several copies) if I'm leaving my house...but the GW hard backs stay on the book shelf for grabing when in need of reference or inspiration.

It's worth mentioning that the Basic and Advanced books sufer from the split of rules just as badly as Standard boxed does...

The Monsters Book is great, some of the NPC's and Artwork is great. I'll go with Rick Meints on this one and say its the best one...if a bit AD&D Monster Manulish...but the NPC's are good and help you get past that.

Land of Ninja and Griffen Island are poorest...the binding is crap on mine and I'm in danger of loosing pages whenever I open them. The (wonderfull) b/w illustrations in Griffen are randomely scattered round the book rather than near the Persons they depict.

The Maps mentioned in land of Ninja are missing.

Having said that I wish GW had done more of 'em.........Vikings would be a fav!

Dom

(ps if anyone has a GW or GWD version of Book8 Merchants for Traveller......hey i know this is Glorantha but as we're discussing GW reprints)