Vinga and Vingkot

From: bjm10_at_cornell.edu
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 18:13:27 -0500 (EST)

> Is there any mileage in the similarity between the names Vinga and Vingot, or
> is this purely coincidental?

As any good Vingan will tell you (at least 'roundabout Pavis way) the similarity is because Vingkot is obviously Vinga's mortal son.

As any good Godlearner will tell you, the similarity is because Vinga was obviously a conglomeration of several female heroes of the Vingkotlings, mashed together into Hero Cult Stew and poured into the Orlanth pot.

As any good Sun Domer will tell you, not only are the Godlearners NEVER to be trusted, but Vingkot was also the father of the Vingkotlings by virtue of horribly DISGUSTING relationships with that tramp of a divine mother he has, which is yet ANOTHER reason why you can't trust Orlanthi.

> Well, yes. They can. Like we've been saying, they gain the blessing of
> infertility for as long as they want it. But, naturally, if they want children

Of course, this blessing comes in the form of properly handled herbal materials _del gratia_ Asrelia, via Ernalda.

> You may call me a RQ2-grognard, but I do think that Glorantha was
> presented a lot more alive in RQ2 (supplements, mostly) than it ever was

Hear! Hear! A great deal of the RQ3 stuff was pretty much just a corpse. CoP and CoT lived. So did Sun County, of course. RoC had moments but wasn't as strong.