Re: KoDP

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 20:41:21 GMT

Tim, who is called, Tim, wrote:

> I am an Orlanthi War clan, and yet have NO Odaylans, Elmali, Uraldans...

Odalyans don't actually count as warriors, I don't think, despite the standard Odalyan line to the contrary... Correct me if I'm wrong here.

> 1 Humakti, 1 Vingan (she used to be a Humakti, but failed the Humakti HQ), 1
> Issarian, 1 trickster, 2 LM, 2 (?3) Barntari, and about 4 CA ! oh. and 5 ish
> Ernaldans...

I think I once managed to generate a 'War' clan with no warriors at all. You have a couple of actual accredited warriors there, which doesn't seem too bad to me..

Another point that I find frankly silly is that no Orlanth worshipper _ever_ counts as a warrior for ritual purposes. Apparently one is implicitly supposed to read Orlanth in this context as meaning specifically his chief function, but that doesn't even tally with the magic you get from Orlanth shrines and temples.

Cheers,
Alex.