Re: Yinkin and Alynxes

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 1999 11:58:20 -0800

Martin Slowey asked

> I've been playing KoDP.Could anyone give me more information on
> Yinkin?Is there a description of the cult of Yinkin anywhere?What exactly is
> an Alynx?

Yinkin is Orlanth's half-brother; they share the same mother, Kero Fin. He is the god of alynxes. He shows up in a few of the myths illustrated in KoDP.

The best source is probably the fanzine Enclosure 2. Details are on my web site. (The cult will probably be presented in a quite different light in Hero Wars.)

An alynx was called a shadowcat in early RuneQuest material. It's a cat about the size of a bobcat. A statue of one is in the KoDP manual.