Krang's Table

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 12:36:19 +1300

>From: "Martin Slowey" <slowey.mj_at_sheol.swinternet.co.uk>

> I've been playing KoDP.Could anyone give me more information on
>Yinkin?Is there a description of the cult of Yinkin anywhere?What exactly is
>an Alynx?

> And regarding all the stuff about childbirth.How do the Orlanthi
>celebrate the birth of a new child?

Bob Stancliff:

[on Krang's table]

Me>>And trolls can obtain decent security with trollish tactics. The
>>Sazdorf manage to live without Krang's security routines.

>Hmmm, this is the central building of several controlled by a moderate
size >clan. It houses the chief females and all of the clan wealth, amassed over >centuries.

In which case it would resemble something like the Sazdorf clan which has rooms dedicated to housing the females etc., some place lived in by Uz and not contain twelve internal guardposts, seperate rooms for Krang and her lieutenants, a eating room seperate from a kitchen (yet the main treasure is stored elsewhere) and so forth. It feels untrollish.

>Tactics have to be modified to fit the terrain, which, in this case,
>are far less secure than a cave. Perhaps the guard posts whould be
>spread out more, but there should not be less of them.

This is a three story building with bricked up windows and entrances only through the cellar and the roof. With guards at both places, that's enough security for defense against external enemies where they can count on the support of other troll clans. And I do not believe that the trolls of trolltown raid each other with the frequency of the Orlanthi.

>In my opinion, the defenses of the two clans are very similar, and the
>Sazdorf's seem to be slightly more paranoid than Krang's.

The Sazdorf are miles away from other trolls and so have to take the precautions they do (and manage to seem trollish). Krang's clan is not and does not need half of those precautions.