Uleria

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 14:54:45 +1300

Bob Stancliff:

>> >Harana is the predecessor to Chalana (and would probably be gone
>> >at this point).

Me>> Umm, on what grounds do you think that Harana is "gone at this point"?

>It depends on whether the goddesses mentioned are Celestial Court or
>Young Gods. IIRC Chalana is present, so I believe that Harana, her
>predecessor, is gone and Chalana controls Harmony. It is primarily a
>question of which period the myth is in.

{deep sigh)

The myth is one about the Celestial Court and Chalana is not present. If you want to say that Greg got it wrong in such and such a myth, it would help if you actually knew the basics of that myth.

>> I'm sorry but healing magic _is_ harmony magic according to the
>> Runequest 3 Book 5.

>You cite one of the rules that is changed by my premise, so it cannot be
>used as refutation, because it would no longer be a rule.

I did not cite a "rule", I pointed out basic background material.

>Is Harmony the source [of non-violence]? Harana fought and destroyed
>Howling Void. Issaries is willing to fight to defend initiates, and
>Hunter combines Harmony with Death... there is -clearly- not a runic
>desire to avoid violence there.

But in those cases, Harmony is not being combined with the Life rune whereas Chalana and Ernalda _are_. Although Chalana is the strongest goddess of harmony in the cosmos, she has forsworn much harmony magics by her actions.

>Since Fertility is the power rune opposing Death, it is extremely logical
>that all Fertility cults should have some aversion to violence.

Somebody had better tell the Red Goddess then.