Coupla answers.

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:12:42 +1300

Oliver Bernuetz:

>1) What colour is a troll's skin?

	The mistress race's skin is velvety black, sometimes
	showing dark grey spots or patches.  Dark trolls have
	a dark to light gray skin.  Dark troll skin often shows
	mottling in a different shade of grey, such as orange-
	gray, or blue-gray.  Great trolls' skin is coloured
	similarly to that of dark trolls, while trollkin hide
	varies enormously, though it is generally much lighter
	than that of a dark troll.  Sea trolls are black-blue
	dorsally, lighter blue underneath; and cave trolls tend
	to a bleached green or gray washed over a dull-blue base.
					Runequest Companion p46

>2) Why does Orlanth have a thief's aspect?

The only references to a thief aspect that I'm aware of are:

  1. the Lanbril Cult writeup which states that "Orlanth thieves follow the tradition of their god the Adventurer and often try especially daring malfesances".
  2. An Orlanth the Clown is mentioned in Wyrm's Footprints (p76) but he is described as a fool not a thief. I understand that Sairdite myth primarily views Orlanth as such.
  3. Finally the Annilla Cult writeup mentions one "Orlanth the Bandit" has having maimed the Blue Moon but states that the epithet is unrecognized.

Hence I don't think there is a "Orlanth the Thief" aspect as described. If there were, I'd say it is subsumed by worship of Lanbril, just as Barntar does for Orlanth the Farmer.