Re: Which to buy ...

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 00:13:42 GMT

David Fiorito ponders buying:
> The Entekosiad
> The Glorious Reascent of Yelm
> The Fortunate Succession
> Missing Lands
>
> Or would it be better to invest in the fanzines (I only have the Book of
> Drastic Resolution - Darkness and Prax)?

Yup. tFS is of some interest in that it give some info that's _somewhat_ directly pertinent. But for the same money you could buy: what, at least 5 Taleses? (I'm not sure what the current US price is.) Recent issues have covered Prax, Sartar, and the Lunars directly: those I'd run out but, before someone else does... BTW, though not entirely unrelatedly, I'll bet you lobster to lugworms that the TotRMs 'appreciate' a lot more in future value, too...

Don't get me wrong, though: I have all four, and amn't cursing my purchases, but I don't use them much in actual gaming. From an artistic/emotional PoV, the Entekosiad is far and away the best for me.
>From a 'level four' PoV, Missing Lands is the leading runner. Read
the other two if you want to know about (respectively) Solar mythology and Lunar history -- they're good for what they are, but know what it is you're getting. (And equally, what it is you want.)

Cheers,
Alex.