The Fun Bunch

From: George W. Harris <gharris_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 19:58:00

At 04:29 AM 12/21/99 -0800, Brian Tickler in a fit of amnesia wrote:

>> Martin plays to have fun, too. It just happens that he has fun doing
>> different things than you do. Your post seems to imply that if one doesn't
>> have fun the way *you* have fun, then one is doing something wrong. A smug
>> 'I am the purveyor of the One True Way to have fun, and I can teach you to
>> be like me' attitude sends most players running as well. Not everyone
>> thinks Malkioni Brownshirts and Mad Max references enhance their
>> roleplaying fun; if you like the idea of a Stoogeopolis ruled by a
>> triumvirate of Larry Curly and Moe, fine, but don't try to inflict it on
>> everyone else.
>
>Mad Max? It seems apparent you've confused me with someone else possibly
>named Brian.

        No, it was definitely you that was chastising Martin for an attitude which you claimed would hurt MGF; this was in the digest of 09:46 AM 12/17/99 - -0800. Since he was arguing against the silly references I discuss above, perhaps you should reread what he wrote and what you wrote, and perhaps apologize to him. But you were far from the only person to quickly read and derisively dismiss his objections.

>Ok, in any case, your response is overly colored by your assumption of my
>identity; you may want to read it again. There's no point in responding
>to points that are all targetted at a mistaken assumption about my play
>style.

        Perhaps then you should refrain from attacking the play styles of others; that would avoid making false impressions of your own.