Cats

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 13:38:34 +1300

Andrew Hall:

>1. Basmol is the Lion God and the Basmoli are his followers. This god
>is affiliated with Hykim & Mikyh.

There are other lion gods around such as Durbadath of Peloria. Hykim & Mikyh is a god identified by the God Learners as being the progenitor of all creatures, great and small. Thus any beast god can be said to be related to him.

>2. Are there cats in the Tanier River Valley (in Seshnela) and are these
>domesticated for hunting? I seem to recall, but it is hazy...

No. The only indication that we have is that a Seshnegi Knight who later became King of Heortland calls himself Richard the Tigerhearted. Since the English in the days of Richard Coeur de Leon did not use domesticated lions for hunting, I do not believe that the Seshnegi do likewise.

>3. Is there a connection between Orlanth and cats as a picture from the
>Cults Book seems to imply?

Yes. Orlanth is Yinkin's half-brother as both are sons of Kero Fin. Hence cats play a big part in Orlanthi life to the extent of some (silly) idea that they replace dogs in Orlanthi society.