Re: Deezola and Nights of Terror

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_paralynx.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 19:50:43 -0800

Andrew Larsen askes:
>I'm particularly interested in knowing whether the cult has
fertility as well as healing aspects.

IMO, Deezola is primarliy a healing goddess. She may have subcults with fertility and leadership but that is not her biggest contribution to the Lunar Way.

>If not, what goddess is the general fertility/crop goddess for the
Lunars? Hon-eel?

Each region has its' own fertility/crop god/goddess. Hon-Eel is the goddess of Maize and probably has some fertility powers as well (she caused an entire town to bear twins for a year).

>2) Where did the Nights of Terror take place? Was it a single
location, or more >generalized Pentian experience?

According the Wane History, Nights of Horror was a two day battle that killed nearly 150,000 Imperial and Nomad troops. This battle would have been in the Redlands.

There is a full write-up at www.glorantha.com.

\\/esley

wquadros_at_paralynx.com
www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley