Re: Dayzatar

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_paralynx.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2000 19:37:16 -0800

TERRA writes:
>and if you have write up of ourania and other star gods(especially,
other
>version of polaris, mysterious lightfore, lost star yuthu-anaxial)
>it is also welcome. please help.

IMO, Anaxial is a subcult of Yelm who has sailing powers and city management powers specific to Yuthuppa.

TERRA:
>i think current lunar structure forbids this cult to gain political
power:
>see FS fifth quarter of takenegi chapter:

There is nothing in that chapter that says Dayzatar cannot gain political power. Most importantly, Dayzatar does not want any power and his followers don't either.

See GRoY, pg 6 "...Dayzatar, the pure god, descended slowly...found it was not-sky...and withdrew back to the sky world, where he stayed." Dayzatar refused to enter the Harmonious Realm and his followers likewise do not want to be here.

See GRoY, pg 19. "He said, 'The World is changed. Even the sky is now touched with putrescence...I mst fulfill my own prophecy and seek Lightfore, who has been gone...I must step down from this thrown and depart from this realm." Dayzatar passed beyond the Sky Dome and left all physicality behind. His followers all strive to do the same. This is why I do not think they care for any kind of power in this world.

Of course, Dayzatari are extremely rare as it is nearly imposible to commune with a being who has passed beyond the Sky Dome and does not care about this realm any more.

With Dayzatar refusing to become part of the physical world and finally departing even the god's world I think that makes him clearly a mystical diety so he is not worshipped with priests and sacrifice, he is venerated as the master of an orthodox school of mystics. And as Orthodox mystics refuse to interact with the world they make rather boring player characters.

wquadros_at_paralynx.com
www.bvcompuworks.com/wesley