Deezola

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 13:00:40 +1300

Tadaaki Kakegawa:

>Queen
>Deezola was a satrap of Arcos River valley. she might abandon her
>nobleship, wandered, meditating, and found the way to the liberation by
>resurrecting the Red Goddess.

AFAIK she didn't abandon her Queendom voluntarily. Her lands had recently been conquered by the Carmanians (in the reign of Shah Bisodakar 1208 to 1220) and she was doing everything possible to destroy their empire and turn the clock back. Thus there is a political dimension to her participation in the Seven Mothers Conspiracy.

>She maybe took important part in Dance of
>Return, which Bonded the Goddess Within the universe.

I get the impression from the Lunar Wane Chronicle that this Dance was being necessary for the establishment of the Lunar Empire instead of bonding the Goddess within the Cosmos.

>IMO she is a Carmanian noble, for in CoP she is "Dee'Zola", as IO is
>"Irrippi On Tor" and YT is Yanafal Tarn'Ils" (Pelandan Ideograms).

The names may be rendered in Pelandan Ideograms but these were only used to spell out the names of the Gods and only with the JeSeven Discovery (much later) did people use it to spell out their own names. The Carmanians generally used the Western Script for official correspondance.

>Deezola must have some mystic technique, for she is a high priestess of
>Aracne Solara, God of Gods.

The Lunar Pantheon article in the Rough Guide to Glamour has her worshipping the Weaver of the Skies instead. I don't think she was enlightened before the birth of the Goddess. Rather she was bitter and frustrated at her failure and had resolved to use her knowledge for destructive ends in the conspiracy.

>I suspect that she is also a priestess of Dendara (Women's leader /
>Dance of Return).

Dendara does not lead women and manifests atmospheric powers which Deezola does not. Furthermore her dance is the dance of renewal.

>Also she would be a devotee
>of Lesilla, Goddess of Blue Moon and Women's Life Power, from which her
>healing / fertility power come from ?

Lesilla according to Enclosure #1 is important in Darsen and Yuthuppa, not Rinliddi/Acos. Basekora is a more likely Goddess for Deezola to worship.