Unorthodox Lunar Questions

From: MOB <mrmob_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 11:15:18 +1100

G'day all,

Unorthodox Lunar Questions

Gian asked:
>- - I am from Italy so I wonder how much "Roman" the Lunar Empire is.

I see resonances more with the East Roman/Byzantine period than say, Republican or Imperial Rome. The Lunar Senate though, as described in Reaching Moon's freeform "Life of Moonson" and my story "Jaxarte and the Emperor", is clearly an institution the Claudians or Flavians would be entirely familiar with!:

[from "Jaxarte and the Emperor", see "Rough Guide to Glamour" or on my Glorantha Page <http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/jaxandtheemperor.htm>]

>How can the Coders have all those tamed wiverns?

Because they are pretty special people: the Coders are answerable to someone (Appius Luxus) who in turn answers to Moonson himself! I agree with Peter's assertion that wyverns "are something doled out by the Lunar equivalent of Q Division". The Coders take good care of them (note the armouring enchantments, etc.), because they know they will be difficult to replace if lost. As noted in SiP, wyverns have been bred and trained by the Lunars for centuries, and are considered slaves of the Empire and property of the Lunar army. Princess Anderida's wyvern Reptus was actually freed after long service, and is a full initiate of the Seven Mothers cult.

>Whats a Moon boat like and how big is it?
And someone else also asked:
>Could you remind me of links to descriptions of Moon boats ?

Peter goads me into action:
>Strangers in Prax describes a Lunar Moonboat and Codex #3 had
>an article about them which I thought would have been on MOB's
>website now.

OK, it is now! Check out:
<http://www.ozemail.com.au/~mrmob/moonboat.html>. There was also some pretty good discussion about them several dozen Digests back.

Cheers,