Lunar Empire and other analogues

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 13:31:46 +1300

Gian Gero:

>I also believe that Carmanians are not Turkish at all. They are rather
>Hungarian, in RW terms.

Persian has been the basic analogue with Dualism and Cataphracts.

>The Lunar Empire has many Indian (not native American) names: at
>least DaraHappa, Yara Aranis (even the image resembles Kali),
>Yuthuppa and others I don't remember now. Has it, I wonder, also
>Imperial India connections?

Greg has been peppering Lunar mythology with Indian philosophy.

>Loskalm = medieval England

I would say Arthurian mixed in with some 19th century German romanticism.

>Seshnela = medieval France

Plus some Byzantine schtick and Evil Papistry. Nolos and Pasos are really Venice under another name.

>Wenelia = medieval Germany (after Martin Luther)

Wenelia is very wild and resembles Germany as described by Tacitus.

>Ralios = ?Italy? perhaps the Venetian Empire (see the Ralios soldier
>pic on Genertela)

Ralios would best be a mixture of Italy (feuding citystates) and Germany (feuding religious disputes).