Re: Food for the masses

From: David Dunham <david_at_a-sharp.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:17:29 -0800

Frederic Boudaille wrote

> Being aware of the necessary gift exchange process between Issaries
> and the first GTA
> members, I nonetheless think that we, the masses of glorantha
> enthusiasts dealing
> with mundane financial problemes are somewhat spoiled of this first
> preview on HW
> rules.
> I'm always reluctant when I see capitalism and "levels of access"
> appearing in
> hobbies like RPG.
> Since we all sustained and make Glorantha a virtual reality (since
> 82 for myself), I
> belieev that we could have access to, say, the rules, to publicize
> the game onto new
> players befor the real gamebox hit the stores (knowing that "we"
> will buey anything
> Gloranthan).
> Once again, I know that financial involvement should always be
> rewarded, but let's be
> communists for once and share !

I don't view it as capitalism. The GTA members made a generous donation, which made Hero Wars possible. Issaries wanted to reward their generosity. While rewarding everyone who's a Glorantha fan would be nice, it doesn't express much appreciation for GTA members who are still waiting to see their donation bear fruit.

Greg made a mistake, and then didn't realize it could be easily and quickly corrected. (He must not be working on Orlanthi topics these days...)

David Dunham     A Sharp     david_at_a-sharp.com
Voice/Fax: 206 783 7404     http://a-sharp.com
Efficiency is intelligent laziness.