Lunars parties

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 11:23:55 GMT

Following MOB's advice, I present here a theory of mine about Lunar society. I do not agree about his refutation of my Persian/Muslim view on the Lunarites, but I said "Last Word on the Lunars" and I meant it, from me at last. Also I believe you are right that the question is ultimately pointless
(even if debatable).

In my Glorantha, the Lunar occupation forces in Dragon Pass follow two opposed ideals, let's call them parties: The Scythes are the integralist ones; they are supported by Yanafali (almost the entire army), the Etyries (at least the richest traders), the Red Moon magicians, the Bat cultists, Xaroni and Jakaleeli. They believe in repression of rebels, in forceful convertion of Nomad tribes to the Lunar Way, in the complete exploitation of local resources for the sake of the Empire. They impersonate the intolerant soul of the Red Goddess. They use chaos to further their goals and are rarely illuminated. The Helms are the moderate ones: they are supported by Moonson bureaucrats
(who think that dead Praxians can't pay taxes), Teleeo Norri, Deezolans,
Nysalori fans, Irrippi Ontori and most of the Lunar allies, such as the SunDomers. They believe in cooperation with the locals (Faltikus, Sable Riders, Solanthos etc.), in politic dialogue and refuse to use brute force in any small stirring of nationalistic urge. They are the "good" Lunars and usually abhor the employment of Chaos, tapping magic, Hazia and Black Network connections.
What's your POV about this?
Ciao
Gian