Re: Valkaro

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:54:53 +0100

Peter:

> About a century before this, there had been a Wizards-should-rule
> faction led by Pilif the Magnus in Seshnela which attempted to
> seize the throne before being defeated by King Saval.
>
> Nils has the idea that the heresy resurfaced as a result
> the God Learner study of Vithelan mythology in which the
> enemies from the west (ie Malkioni) are led by a sorcerer-
> ruler and that Valkaro was one of those heretics.
>
> It explains why Valkaro fled to the East Isles of all places
> and not to the EWF, Pavis, Kralorela, Carmania or Fonrit.

Thanks for reminding me, I had forgotten that... Actually, I was thinking of Sandy's and David Hall's writeup of the Valkarians, in which they have only three castes, with the wizards acting as nobles as well.

What Peter mentions above, provides an excellent explanation though.

Nils Weinander

Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger. http://im.yahoo.com