What Greg (and Sandy and MoB) taught me....

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 23:20:12 +0000

>Here's the premise: for some reason, you can't use Glorantha as a
>world-setting anymore. If you were going to create a new setting campaign,
>what lessons have you learned from Glorantha that you would apply to your
>new setting? The lessons could be positive (Glorantha did it this way,
>that's the way I'm gonna do it) or negative (I think this is where
>Glorantha went wrong).

Umm, well.

  1. Design should proceed from the top down and also the bottom up.
  2. Stories not economics.
  3. Know what the deep secrets are but keep them to yourself.
  4. Don't be afraid to contradict yourself or change things in retrospect.
  5. One man's silliness is another man's sublimity.
  6. Design has to start with the thing you are aiming at which is a playable campaign.

>Guy
>
>We Meddle in God's Domain So That You Don't Have To

Nice sig.
- --
Michael Cule