Re: The Glorantha Digest V7 #300

From: JLeeWatts_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2000 19:29:23 EST

In a message dated 17-Jan-00 16:01:21 Eastern Standard Time, owner-glorantha-digest_at_chaosium.com writes:

<< Make sure you enjoy the process of inventing a world. >>

I love world design. But have problems getting people to believe in gods as the movers and shakers of the universe.

<<Make sure someone else is interested enough to give you feedback.>>

 Most of the people with whom I play are stuck in the believe that every game world is a revolving planet. How do you break them of this belief?

<<Steal as many ideas from as many places as possible, but do it your way.>>

Snatched.

<<Don't define everything straight away, leave yourself room to maneuver>>

And that I see as the problem with the world of Glorantha. It appears to be overly developed and documented. I have fears that anything that I do will violate canon and thus cause the world to come crashing down.

<<Be careful about things that you might later regret. >>

Yes, world come crashing down.

Lee Watts
Richmond, VA.