Re: Buseri

From: TTrotsky_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 12:22:55 EST

Gian Gero:

<< Just a simple question... Who in the hell ARE THE BUSERI???>>

       The followers of Buserian, Dara Happan god of astrology and, to a lesser extent, scholarship in general. The main centre for his religion is in Yuthuppa, in the north of what is now the Lunar Empire. There is an unofficial cult write-up at Wesley Quadros' page, although it uses an outdated version of HW.

    BTW, I disagree with Martin Laurie's assertion that most Lunar bureaucrats are Buseri - though, given that he's Lunar expert and is writing the Lunar Book for HW, such disagreement isn't likely to be of much use! The write-up of Moonson Imperator in Tales struck me as much more on the mark, while Irripi Ontor and Etyries probably have at least as much presence in the Lunar bureaucracy as Buserian does (which is to say, not much). In the days before the Red Goddess Buserian was doubtless an important god of bureaucrats, but after 400 years of more appropriate cults for the new dynamic being in existence, it makes no sense to me.

Forward the glorious Red Army!

    Trotsky