Re: Arithmetic bug

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:26:02 EST

In a message dated 1/19/00 2:48:34AM, you write: Alex:
<< On the 8/1 bug, one would expect trouble simply because 7x7 years = 1 wane,

 Actually, 9x6. I always thought there was something fundamentally the  matter with the universe... >>

DOH! I guess I just fumbled both my 'basic arithmetic' and 'gloranthan facts from memory' rolls. So what is the significance of 54 years and did anyone in the first wane know about it until it ended ? I hope that Lunar theologists predicted wanes as part of cyclical lunar time or else it was thought up after the event to explain ups and downs in Imperial fortunes.

If Gian can become a verb one wonders what the verb to 'AlexFergusonize' might mean, perhaps, with hindsight and subjectively not being objective about it but I wouldn't like to say this was definitive. Probably something to do with exotic sentences containing 'slangish' references, is what I reckon at any rate.;)

Red Menace Nellist