Milk antelopes

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bigfoot.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 18:56:34 +1300

Trotsky

Me>>[The Doraddi have tamed] the Tanuku - a milk antelope(!!! - PHM)

>The Tanuku probably isn't an antelope, unless Greg has gregged himself
>again in the last week or so. Obviously something antelope-like, which
>has been misinterpreted as such by foreigners.

What I find really funny is that milk drinking in adults arose to combat vitamin D deficiency caused by lack of exposure to the sun in winter climes. Africans do not have this problem and so are generally lactose-intolerant. So to me, it's wierd as the Kresh hand-drawn wains and the lack of cattle among the Doraddi.