Tanuku Toes, It's A Dry Heat...

From: Gary R Switzer <gswitzer_at_loop.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 15:42:10 -0800

Dave Pearton may have thrown in the towel too soon:

>Ok, I give up, no antelope in Pamaltela <sniff>. I will rework my
>Pamaltelan ideas accordingly... <I still want my Alkothi war hippos
>though!>

If the Tanuku has *toes* (in common with parahippus, etc) then it can be as Eland-like as we want from the ankles up. The annon author of the entry on p. 105 of ML just didn't notice the difference 'cause the Tanuku was standing in high clover. =) You're on your own with the war hippos though.

Alex sez of the Agimori:

>The construction of the man-and-a-half equivalent of the sauna or
>tanning salon might boggle the mind: "Lightly grill for 30 minutes
>under a medium heat..."

There was an article in the local paper about the Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum that showed a picture of a display of a man who could kneel in an oven with a piece of meat in his mouth until the meat cooked without suffering any harm himself...an easy trick for an Agimori, I suppose. Agimori do still (per RoC p28) suffer a penalty to Dex and Per skills below 32F so there is a need for warmth during Dark (and occasionally Storm) Season, so I imagine they have developed survival skills up to the challenge. My limited experience of camping in the Arizona desert in February showed me that a campfire, buried "dry", would stay warm for many hours, while one with a few lumps of coal could be uncovered and used to boil water for tea after two days! The local creosote bushes (Laurea mexicana, I imagine a Praxian version mixed in the chaparrel) burned very hot (even when damp) and even the roots can be used for fuel. We opted not to cook meat over a fire containing creosote, however. In any case, I suspect that the Agimori (with their Lodril connection) are able to get the maximum warmth, in duration if nothing else, out of the fuels available.

Gary R. Switzer
Aero Hobbies