Delecti

From: Dave Cake <dave_at_starfish.net.au>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 11:48:44 +0800

>Delecti is not misunderstood. He is not a victim. He is not a good guy
>in any sense of
>the word. He is a hybrid akin to Dr. Mengele of Auschwitz infamy,
>reanimator, and
>several other creepy undead lich-type sorcerors.

        I agree. I just read the rather fabulous book The Bloody Red Baron, by Kim Newman (sequel to the also fabulous Anno Dracula). It has a scene where Dr Moreau and his assistant Herbert West vivisect the shattered body of a vampire soldier straight from the Western Front, calmly making bets about whether the heart still beats. Thats the sort of thing I think Delecti would have enjoyed, and I think similar scenes still occur in his gruesome labs from time to time.

        Its possible to have some political sympathy for him, I guess - but I think Delecti was not just one of the Remakers, but the deranged extremist that the other Remakers thought had gone too far.

	Cheers
		David