atheists

From: Gian Gero <giangero_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 09:01:46 GMT

Steve writes:

>apostates? If these (broad) assumptions are true, than I would >think most
>Westerners would view sorcerers with more than an average level of
> >distrust
>and suspicion. (think: obvious and vocal atheist in the midst of a >cozy
>Southern Baptist community). This would be much more than the >dismissive

I agree with him. I also think that being really an atheist is quite inhuman. No commoner or less than supereducated, in RW, can be a true atheist, even in China or Russia (oh-ho, do not shoot me, easterners). So I suppose that even Sorcerers, in G, are atheist only in what concerns their ways to do magic, not in their social and ordinary behaviour and NOT, definetly, in the depth of their minds.
Being an atheist is a major feat, today. I suppose in the ancient RW it was impossible, even to geniuses. In G I concede more opportunities, because a lot of weirdness is available, but not this stuff or not completely.

IMG sorcerers are like lay members of their homeland cults and share most of the cult knowledge of their theist or westerner neighbours.

Ciao
Gian