Re: Foggy pirates

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_yeats.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 19:34:50 GMT

Nils:
> Maybe they have cut a deal? The zabdamar exacting a tribute
> from the pirates is a nice twist.

I think the Fog Pirates must have some sort of relationship/ 'understanding' with the Zabdamar, at least. What exactly this is I doubt either of them is advertising, though...

> They have onboard mystics who refute the fog?

Cheesy. ;-) "What does it profit a man if he gains the whole world, but loses his soul? But for fog-zapping magic, Richard, for fog-zapping..." Not only does this seem a distinctly 'manifest' activity, to say the least, I think the Zabdamar would tend to regard it as ecological warfare (not that that isn't an amusing hook in itself).

Cheers,
Alex.