False Dragon Kralorela?

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:07:34 GMT

Dave Cake on the Draconicness of Kralorelans:
> >Are the Dragon Emperors _really_
> >dragons, or are they just tripped out flakey mystics?

> Exactly.

The practical answer is of course, "yes".

> >Is what you're getting at, 'Is Kralorela draconic at all?'?

> Or more likely 'what does knowing the Kralorelans are draconic tell
> us about them?' and I think the answer is 'not all that much really,
> because they are very different to the other philosophies known as
> draconic'.

What bothers me a little about this is that it's not the draconicness of the EWF, of the NDR, of the 'newts, or whomever that seems to be being questioned, but particularly that of Kralorela. I certainly don't want to be touting Darudism as the One True Draconic Way, in any sense, but given the long association between Kralorela and dragons, one is tempted to think they're not _entirely_ blowing smoke... And given everything Greg's ever implied about dragons being weird, alien, incomprehensibe and beyond mortal ken, is it terribly surprising that different manifestations of, or means of approaching nearer to, draconicism are a tad different?

> Darudism is draconic mostly only in that they themselves insist
> that they are draconic.

Hurm. All the dragons zinging about the place being neither here nor there?

Cheers,
Alex.