Re: Onslaught

From: Kmnellist_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 16:10:06 EST

In a message dated 1/31/00 7:53:07PM, you write:

<< It's not that I actually hate Overtkill, I mean Onslaught. It's that I  dislike the 'poetic license' that describes him crossing a room, getting  three aimed blows to the head, and getting back out of reach before anyone  can see him and react. I prefer games where the combat rules mean  something, rather than being thrown out for some personal power fantasy. >>

I enjoyed the Onslaught story. I like poetic license, but all the strike ranks, split attacks, aimed blows stuff would not/does not make a good *story*. If you prefer all that tactical stuff in your rules then that's good and can be exciting as a game but it doesn't make for an exciting narrative.

Since the Greydog clan isn't my playground I am not worried about reports of Fergus Windbags demise (probably exagerated) but I sympathise with those who have just read about their campaign background being mashed up.

Keith N