Dragonation.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 20:17:53 GMT

TERRA INCOGNITA:
> Difference between EWF and Kralorela is Indivisualism, I think EWF is a hive
> of many dragon immature babies, but Kralorela is only One Dragon in one
> nation, Emperor of Hum Chan has only Dragon Soul, he never think like a way
> of True Dragon.

This is an uncertain area to generalise about. I think each contains aspects of either 'strand': the EWF had a project to turn the whole of central Genertela into one dragon, after all. In Kralorela, each given Darudan practioner is trying to turn _himself_ into a dragon/ realize his own inner dragon/become one with the Cosmic Dragon/whatever, as well as helping to uphold the Emperor/state as dragon concept.

> I think Godunya has human personality except dangerous time.
> Darudaism style made people go to Summer Land after death, and taught them
> to wait the time dissolving into One dragon Body,

Bear in mind this is a sort of 'draconicism for the masses' idea. It's not the only means of draconic realization, it's just the most accessible, if you don't wish to spend your entire life (or, several of them) while trying.

> Immanent Mastery Dragonism illegally abused national Dragon power without
> sacrificing their humanity for their mandane object, and IMO, they cannot
> become true dragon without Help of Godlearner Magic. Godunya tolerance to
> this school means pragmatism for mandane World.

I don't think they can become _True_ dragons at all; at least, that would be the Kralori view. The NDR-era PoIM would have been 'more impressively false' than the current model, but false nonetheless. (History, not to say cosmology, gets written by the victors, after all.)

> In King of Sartar, Ingolf Saga described otherworld Dragon kingdoms. I
> think these exist in Chaos as bubble status.

In Kralori thought, pre-creation isn't seen as 'chaotic', it's simply the Void (but not in the Kajaborian sense, as I'm sure Nils will be quick to stipulate). I could certainly see draconic cosmology admitting the idea of separate creations within the Void, though. (The Ouroboros mentioned in Elder Secrets sounds just like that sort of notion; more mundanely, it may be a means of soft-peddling the eastern notion of the Void, without setting off too many 'chaos alarm bells' in over-sensitive (and under-sophisticated...) Orlanthi heads.)

> I think Cosmic Compromise not working over Dragon Races for their
> Alienity.

I'll agree with that.

Cheers,
Alex.